JOB DESCRIPTION – Primary duties are to serve as a dispatcher for ARRIVE WILSON COUNTY TRANSPORTATION services unless needed as a driver. The employee must be flexible enough to switch duties as needed.
Job Title: Bus Operator
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Position: Full Time / Part Time
Essential Employee: Yes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
- Prepares work/ schedule orders and posts by noon for the work / schedule to be completed the next day.
- Records information such as name, addresses, and items to be repaired, or service to be rendered for road calls.
- Schedules routes and dispatches operators via software provided in a safe efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Ensures satisfactory performance of service while operators are on call.
- Keeps records of service calls and work orders.
- Ensures that hours for part-time operators are within the part time standards.
- Serves as the central location for all information that needs to be relayed from supervisors to all operators.
- Communicates all emergencies to the General Manager or designee within a timely manner.
- Works to minimize client wait times by adjusting schedules or pick up times as needed.
- Monitors On-Time Performance and works with operators to adjust schedules as needed.
- Answers telephones in a prompt, courteous and professional manner
- Works to schedule passengers within the guidelines set forth by Wilson County
- Collect and prepare Pre/Post Trip inspections for Maintenance Repairs
- Collect and Record Fares from Drivers – Following Fare Collection/Deposit Policies
- General Office Work and Reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Driver/Operator duties:
- Completes training and development classes as provided by management.
- Operate a revenue vehicle safely in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions.
- Operate a revenue vehicle safely in accordance with the printed schedules, making sure to arrive at the appointed time.
- Perform pre-trip and post trip inspection of assigned revenue vehicle.
- Interact effectively with all passengers including disabled passenger by being always professional and courteous.
- Must be able to adhere to tight time schedules under varying conditions and still operate the revenue vehicle in a safe manner.
- Accurately collect and turn in all passenger fares and passenger information.
- Be a professional representative of Wilson County Transportation and its management.
- Some outside work hours may be required for special events and training.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Must possess and maintain a Class C North Carolina Driver’s License with appropriate endorsements.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a copy of a high school diploma or a GED.
- Must undergo a DOT physical examination and must have a negative drug screen.
- Maintain a DOT Medical Card
- Must have an acceptable driving record (not more than two serious motor vehicle violations in the past three (3) years, no DWI’s in a commercial vehicle and not more than one DWI (total).
- Must be able to communicate in English with the passengers.
- Meet all requirements of the North Carolina Medicaid Program as outline in the Employee Handbook
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have upon completing training, a North Carolina Class C License with appropriate endorsements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to grasp handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneels, crouch, or crawl,
- The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move between 50-75 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to assorted fumes or airborne particles and exposed to vibrations. They may be exposed to outside weather conditions including wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold or extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but on occasion can be loud.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OR CONCERNS NOT LISTED ABOVE:
HTG is committed to maintaining a DRUG-FREE workplace.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
HTG will conduct a full background check on all candidates for employment. DOT physical and driving record will also be required.
Thank you for considering and applying for a position with HTG. We appreciate the time you are giving to complete this application form. It is important that you fully and accurately complete this form yourself and indicate the position(s) for which you wish to be considered. Please be very careful completing this application. We use a sophisticated and detailed background and employment screening process in which will disclose inaccurate, false, and/or incomplete or omitted information. This application will remain on file for 180 days from the date herein whereupon you should resubmit a new application if you are interested in a position with Hendrickson Transportation Group LLC.
If there is a current opening in the position(s) you are seeking and the information in your application suggests you meet the minimum qualifications and are among the best qualified candidates for that position, you may be contacted for an interview. If you are interviewed, you will be informed of a final decision once the entire interview process is completed which includes a complete background check and pre-employment drug test.
Please do not send resume without completing online application.
The following online application form must be filled out completely for your application to be considered.